ReSyncStateMsg SCCM 2012

Nawing1

ReSyncStateMsg SCCM 2012

Post by Nawing1 » 05 Jan 2017 12:47

Hi,

you can resync package from below powershell script.

$SCCMUpdatesStore = New-Object -ComObject Microsoft.CCM.UpdatesStore
$SCCMUpdatesStore.RefreshServerComplianceState()
New-EventLog -LogName Application -Source SyncStateScript -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
Write-EventLog -LogName Application -Source SyncStateScript -EventId 555 -EntryType Information -Message "Sync State ran successfully"

Note that the first two lines are taken directly from the blog referenced immediately above. Line 3 is used to create the source that will be used when the events are written. The –ErrorAction SilentlyContinue is there because if the source has already been created, PowerShell will throw an error. Adding –ErrorAction allows the following to happen:

Check to see if the source SyncStateScript has already been added to the managed device
If not, add it
If added already, suppress the error and continue with the script
The lines starting with New-EventLog and Write-EventLog are not strictly necessary as ConfigMgr contains log files that will tell if the state messages have been re-sent. But for those who prefer to see Event Log entries showing if and when the script ran successfully, this is one way to achieve that goal.

Verifying the Script

One possibility when running the script that I needed to test was to find out if the state messages were actually being resent. Sure, the Event Logs were being updated, but how did I know for sure the state messages were also being sent? I had a pretty good idea that no errors were being thrown (I didn’t have any language in the script to suppress errors in the first two lines of the script and I also had tested running it before adding the EventLog portion). But could I confirm that the state messages were actually sent? The answer is yes.

As an administrator in ConfigMgr, it is essential to become familiar with the way logs are created to report important information. For our present case, the log file we want is found under CCM\Logs (or SMS_CCM\Logs if you’re looking on a client machine that is also a Management Point). In my lab, the folder of interest is C:\Program Files\SMS_CCM\Logs.