Extract the content files from the prestaged content file

Nawing1

Post by Nawing1 » 22 Jul 2016 16:37

To extract the content files from the prestaged content file

• Copy the prestaged content file to the computer from which you want to extract the content.
• Copy the Extract Content command-line tool from <ConfigMgrInstallationPath>\bin\<platform> to the computer from which you want to extract the prestaged content file.
• Open the command prompt and navigate to the folder location of the prestaged content file and Extract Content tool.
Note
You can extract one or more prestaged content files on a site server, secondary site server, or distribution point.
• Type extractcontent /P:<PrestagedFileLocation>\<PrestagedFileName> /S to import a single file.
Type extractcontent /P:<PrestagedFileLocation> /S to import all prestaged files in the specified folder.
For example, type extractcontent /P:D:\PrestagedFiles\MyPrestagedFile.pkgx /S where D:\PrestagedFiles\ is the PrestagedFileLocation, MyPrestagedFile.pkgx is the prestaged file name, and /S informs Configuration Manager to extract only content files that are newer than what is currently on the distribution point.
When you extract the prestaged content file on a site server, the content files are added to the content library on the site server, and then the content availability is registered in the site server database. When you export the prestaged content file on a distribution point, the content files are added to the content library on the distribution point, the distribution point sends a status message to the parent primary site server, and then the content availability is registered in the site database.
Important
In the following scenario, you must update content that you extracted from a prestaged content file when the content is updated to a new version:
1. You create a prestaged content file for version 1 of a package.
2. You update the source files for the package with version 2.
3. You extract the prestaged content file (version 1 of the package) on a distribution point.
Configuration Manager does not automatically distribute package version 2 to the distribution point. You must create a new prestaged content file that contains the new file version and then extract the content, update the distribution point to distribute the files that have changed, or redistribute all files in the package.

EmileDic

Post by EmileDic » 14 Oct 2019 14:03

Hi,

I used simplewrap to create an mxf file of a single .wav file.

I then extracted the wav from the mxf with FFMPEG ffmpeg -i my-file.mxf my-file.wav, the new wav file plays is ok and plays fine..

Is it possible to do the same with the sdk? I like to encode several wav files and some data to an mxf file and then extract the content - using mxf as a wrapper, intermediate format.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Best, Dirk